Miami is partnering with Cisco WebEx University to provide virtual meeting solutions for faculty and staff on all Miami campuses. There are four types of meetings available:
- Meeting Center (up to 25 participants) - Allows you to conduct online meetings where you can present information, share documents and applications, and collaborate with others.
- Training Center (up to 1,000 participants) - This service helps you deliver real-time, interactive training over the Web.
- Event Center (up to 3,000 participants) - Allows you to conduct webinars, all-hands meetings, project kick-offs, or press events online so that you can share documents and applications, and collaborate with others.
- Support Center (up to 5 participants) - Remotely diagnose problems, transfer files, and resolve issues for customers. Show customers how to use applications or control their computers.
All Miami faculty and staff can have accounts and create meetings. Students may participate in the sessions, but cannot create meetings. Once you have registered for the service, you will have unlimited access to the Meeting and Training Centers. Additional registration will be required for the other two services.
To create an account, go to:
and log in with your Miami UniqueID and password.
Our Cisco WebEx solution will run on the following devices:
- Windows computer
- Apple computer
- IOS mobile device (iPad, iPod, etc.)
- Android mobile device (phones and tablets)
Additionally, a meeting organizer has two options for how to incorporate audio into their meeting.
- Use VoIP Only (this is the default) utilizes the microphone/speakers on your computer, tablet or phone
- Use Cisco Unified Meetingplace Audio Conferencing, creating a separate phone connection. Once a WebEx session is initiated, a pop up will appear with instructions on how to dial in to the conference. Instructions are also included on the invitation on just dial into the WebEx session.
The two options cannot be mixed. One or the other must be selected