Tutorial Assistance Program
Each year Rinella Learning Center peer tutors provide approximately 12,000 hours of academic support to over 2,000 Miami students in a wide range of content areas including math, science, foreign language, business and humanities. All tutors are certified by the College Reading and Learning Association and complete the training course, EDT 310: Methods for Tutoring Adults.
(fall and spring semesters)
- Tutoring is available and free of charge to all Miami University Students.
- Tutoring is either one-on-one or in small groups, depending on student needs and demands.
- All tutoring takes place in the Rinella Learning Center: 16 Campus Avenue Bldg.
- Tutoring hours are: 8 am - 8 pm Mondays-Thursdays and 8 am - 5 pm Fridays
- Tutoring sessions are 50 minutes long and start at the top of the hour, i.e., 2 pm - 2:50 pm
Reasons Students Meet with a Tutor
--Clarify course content and ask specific questions
--Practice applying and integrating course concepts
--Review material by explaining course material to the tutor
--Ensure the regular study of material by scheduling a weekly appointment
--Fight procrastination by structuring regular study time for a course
Apply to be a Tutor (Fall and Spring Semesters)