About GLBTQ Services
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning Services was created in the fall of 2003. As part of the Office of Diversity Affairs, GLBTQ Services is committed to enhancing the Miami University community both inside and outside of the classroom.
We provide education, advocacy, support, and safe spaces for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, questioning, queer, asexual, pansexual, intersex, and straight-allied students (and everyone else!).
Drop by the office to chat, seek information, or just hang out. People of all gender identities and sexual orientations (heterosexual allies too!) are welcome. No assumptions about your identity will be made.
The mission of GLBTQ Services is to make the Miami University community an open, safe, and inclusive environment for people of all sexualities and gender identities. We provide programming, support, and resources intended to raise awareness regarding gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (GLBTQ) issues. Through education and conversation, we endeavor to eliminate homophobic, transphobic, and heterosexist attitudes and behaviors. As a unit of the Office of Diversity Affairs, GLBTQ Services assists the university in establishing an environment committed to diversity.
Some of our services include:
- Providing information, referrals, educational brochures, casual conversations, connections, and coming out resources.
- Maintaining an calendar of events of interest for the GLBTQ community and their allies.
- Providing an institutional reference point for GLBTQ activity on campus, including collaborating with Spectrum, Haven, and GLEAM.
- Educational opportunities, including Safe Zone trainings, panels, forums, presentations, trainings, and interviews for everyone.
- Coordinating work with academic departments, while celebrating the scholarship of Miami’s GLBTQ faculty, staff, students and allies.
- Connecting with alumni to archive Miami's LGBTA history, mentor current students, and provide scholarships.
- Monitoring the campus climate for GLBTQ individuals and seeking to improve it.
- Consulting with colleagues across campus and across the country to build a stronger community.
205 MacMillan Hall
Miami University, Oxford
(7:30 am- 4:30 pm during the summer)
Hours also Available by Appointment