Where to Park
Visitors to campus are encouraged to park in the Campus Avenue Garage or the North Campus Garage. No permit is needed. The maps may be used to locate the garages.
- A permit is required at all times to park in a University parking lot except as noted in these regulations. From 7am to 7pm Monday through Friday, a permit is required to park on Spring, Oak and Maple Streets. A permit is not required to park on Spring, Oak and Maple Streets at other times.
- A permit is not required to park on campus between noon Friday and 10pm Sunday on weekends of home football games.
- A permit is not required Thursday through Sunday for Commencement weekend.
- A permit is not required in the parking garages at any time.
Permits and Citations
- Visitors must obtain a permit at the Parking Office during business hours. Registration requires a valid driver's license and license plate number of the vehicle to be registered. This permit allows the visitor to park in any University parking area.
- Visitors who received a University parking citation may contact the Parking Office for assistance.
- Parents and community members may ride the BCRTA (Butler County Regional Transit Authority) buses for the customary fare of $2 per ride.
- The Campus Avenue Parking Garage and the North Campus Garage offer parking at $1 for the first hour and $0.50 for each additional hour. No permit is needed.
- Campus parking meters require $.25/15 minutes between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. seven days a week.
- Parents may park in any campus lot without a permit this weekend.
- Limited RV parking with electrical hookup is available in the West Millett lot. Advance reservations are needed. The fee is $50 for a football weekend. Call (513) 529-1700 for information and reservations.
- Information about Family Weekend activities may be found at www.muohio.edu/Parents.
Spring Commencement Weekend
- A parking permit is not required Thursday through Sunday of Commencement weekend; all university parking lots and parking garages are open to the public.
- Yager Stadium parking is available at the Millett Assembly Hall, Ditmer, Cook Field and Leonard Howell lots.
- On both Saturday and Sunday, we strongly recommend that you use our Miami Metro shuttle service from the Ditmer and Cook Field lots to avoid traffic congestion.
Spring 2013 Commencement
Parking and Metro Map