UPCOMING EVENTS & INFORMATION:
Congratulations to the graduating Class of 2013!
- Article in the May 2013 Miami News eNewsletter highlights CPMRA's contributions to local governance in Ohio.
- Videos of both Darrell West's lecture and Alex Vacca's Finch Lecture are available on the DOPS YouTube channel.
Great programs. Great courses.
Located under the twin spires of Harrison Hall, we are a large and active department – many of our faculty members have experience working in government and politics. We bring that experience alive in our classrooms.
Our undergraduate programs provide an interesting and challenging curriculum with one minor and 3 undergraduate majors:
Our graduate program leads to a Master’s degree in Political Science.
Our faculty and students conduct research in all aspects of political science and our courses cover important issues and questions of politics, including:
- Constitutional rights and liberties
- American foreign policy
- World regional politics (western and eastern Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, Africa, Asia)
- American presidency and Congress
- Public management
- Political philosophy
- Parties and interest groups
- International law
Preparing students for the future.
We encourage student experiences in applied settings through:
- Study abroad
Many of our alumni attend graduate and professional schools; others find careers in business, the Foreign Service, armed forces, federal, state, and local government, law enforcement, lobbying, and non-profit organizations. Some of our alumni serve in Congress, at the White House, and in U.S. embassies abroad, while others are attorneys and business professionals. Others have had successful careers in academia, including the president of a university, deans, and department chairs.