351 Bachelor Hall
513 529 2705
- Visiting Faculty
- M.A., English and Creative Writing (Fiction), Miami University of Ohio, 2001
- B.A., Creative Writing, The Union Institute
- Creative writing, poetry, fiction, and drama
- Contemporary literature, especially as it relates to social issues, poverty, and homelessness
- Creative writing, including international concerns, especially Russia and Kenya
- Contemporary psychology, studies of schizophrenia, chemical dependency, and the arts
- Eleven Word Title for Confessional Political Poetry Originally Composed for Radio—Chapbook of forty-six poems—Seaweed Sideshow Circus, Spring 2009
- Evil Dog, “A Ceremony” Short Story, Issue 7, Spring 2007
- Streetvibes, “Tomato Tomahto” A Prose Poem in three Voices—Cincinnati—June 2007
- Jack Acid. (Cincinnati, OH: squidmusic.com, 2004), Audio Novel.
- Main St. (Jackson, WI: Seaweed Sideshow Circus, 2002), Poems.
- Chapters of “Citizen,” The Brooklyn Rail, June 2005.
- “Time Land and the Miniature Forest and San Francisco Poem,” Pine Mountain Sand & Gravel, Fall 2004 Volume 11.
- “Jake and the Pillow,” Pine Mountain Sand & Gravel, Spring 2003 Volume 10.
- THIS: A Serial Review, Fiction Ed. (Cincinnati, OH, 1995-1997).
- Poems and stories in such places as: An Evening With Edith, Singular Mercies, Significant Other, WORC’s Aloud Allowed, Red Crow, Artspike, The Licking River Review, The Animal Eye, Toadfrog Thunder Review, Everybody’s News, Art Academy News, and Kumbha Times.
- The Brooklyn Rail
- Books: Complex History Dr. Tyrone Williams discusses his latest collection of poetry (7/9/08)
- A Simple Tale: Questions (4/4/07)
- Locals Only: Flock Of Ages, Versatile, long-running The Flock shuffle lineup and release solid new CD (1/31/07)
- Books: A Call for Empathy Henson’s new book homage to an activist (11/8/06)
- Living Out Loud: Smoking Is Only Allowed in the Back
The Citizen and his kids go to Sitwell’s (04/05/06)
- Living Out Loud: Buying the Look (11/23/05)
- Living Out Loud: The Citizen—Blowing Smoke
Kelly and the cigarette (08/17/05)
- Living Out Loud: The Citizen—Let it Rain, Let it Pour
Adventures in Binghamton, New York (06/22/05)
- Living Out Loud: He Was Frozen in Time
It must be Albany (05/11/05)
- Living Out Loud: Columbus Love Tap
Tag—you’re it (12/01/04)
- the story of excellence or greatness—have you touched it
- Tour de Vivre 1998
- Steel Balls
- ‘fallen’—a dream race
Poets Against War
- onion poem, 2003/February 14
Videos on YouTube
Work in Progress
Steve Lansky is currently working on And Then The Cow Was Drownded, a creative nonfiction book. An episodic and poetic account of a man’s experiences with paranoid schizophrenia and alcoholism, it starts before the illnesses manifest, then moves from full blown psychosis to nearly complete remission. In order to maintain relationships and hold jobs, he must take medication and give up his addictions. Once he is aware of his condition he works to understand and help others. Dreams, creative work, and travel combine to generate personal spiritual development. Aided by a therapist, he becomes more grounded.