On leave Fall 2012
382 Bachelor Hall
513 529 6508
- Professor of English
- Professor of Black World Studies
- Professor of Women’s Studies
- Ph.D. in Linguistics, University of Michigan.
- M.A. in Literature, University of Dayton.
- B.A. in Literature, Jackson State University.
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Structure of the English Language
- Varieties of English
- African Literature
- Introduction to Women’s Studies
- Black Feminist Theory
- Feminism in the Diaspora
- African Women Writers
- African-American Women in the 1920s
- Contemporary African Women’s Studies
- Leadership and Education in African Cultures
- Oral Narratives
Work in Progress
Dr. Etter-Lewis currently teaches “Feminism amd Diaspora: Women Of Color” and “American Women & Autobiography.” She is co-editing a collection of the letters of early nineteenth century African-Americans Evva Kenny Heath and John Kenny to their mother. Her current research focuses on gender in K-12 classrooms in Lesotho.