- Professor of English
- Director, Roger and Joyce Howe Center for Writing Excellence
- Ph.D., University of Washington, 1975
- B.A., Lehigh University
- Technical and scientific communication
- Writing across the curriculum
- Research methods and methodology
- Research ethics
- Technical Communication: A Reader-Centered Approach. New York: Harcourt Brace, 1987; second edition 1991; third edition 1995; fourth edition 1999; fifth edition 2003; sixth edition 2007.
- “Guidelines for the Ethical Conduct of Research in Composition Studies,” College Composition and Communication 55 (2004): 479-484. [An official policy of the Conference on College Composition Communication that I co-authored with a committee of distinguished researchers, which I chaired.]
- “The Three-Part Program for Preparing TAs to Lead Professional Communication Courses at Miami University (Ohio).” In Preparing College Teachers of Writing: Histories, Theories, Programs, and Practices. Edited by Betty Pytlik and Sarah Liggett. New York: Oxford, 2002. Co-authored with Todd DeLucca and Lisa Rosenberger.
- “Simple Gifts: Ethical Issues in Person-Based Composition Research.” College Composition and Communication 49 (1998): 63-89. Anthologized in Trends and Issues in Postsecondary English Studies. Edited by National Council of Teachers of English. Urbana, IL: NCTE, 1999, pp.102-132.
Work in Progress
Dr. Anderson is currently researching various ways to increase the positive impact of writing across the curriculum programs.