TEAM Scholarship for Ohio educators
The TEAM Scholarship at Miami provides a 50 percent tuition and fee scholarships to professional educators for graduate course work. Go here for more information.
EDL financial aid and scholarships
The Department has a number of Graduate Assistantships (GA) and Teaching Associateships (TA) available for graduate students in full-time residency in the Ph.D programs in Educational Leadership. While most of these are reserved for doctoral students, a few are also open to Master’s students in the Curriculum and Teacher Leadership Program. (Students enrolled in the Student Affairs and Higher Education program (SAHE) should check their program advisor for information about assistantships.) In addition, the department has several scholarship opportunities.
- Teaching Associateships (TA) provide full-time doctoral students with a stipend of about $15,000 for half-time duties for two semesters, plus remission of tuition for two semesters and the subsequent summer session. TAs carry between 10 and 14 hours of graduate courses and perform duties (normally teaching or research assistance for a professor) equivalent to 20 hours per week. TAs must be full-time students and cannot hold any other full-time employment. Click HERE for more information about full time EDL Teaching Associateship positions.
- Graduate assistantships(GA) provide full-time masters students with a stipend of about $12,000 for half-time duties for two semesters, plus remission of tuition for two semesters and the subsequent summer session. GAs must carry between 10 and 14 hours of graduate courses and perform duties equivalent to 20 hours per week. GAs must be full time students and cannot hold any other full time employment. Click HERE for more information about full time EDL Graduate Assistantship positions.
- EDL Fellows Scholarships Thanks to the generosity of a number of EDL graduates and former faculty, the Department has a number of small support scholarships for graduate students. Contact the Chair for more information.
- Principals’ Academy Scholarship. The Principals’ Academy Scholarship is awarded to one or more part-time students enrolled in graduate programs in the Department of Educational Leadership. Recipients must demonstrate academic merit and intent to pursue a career as an elementary school principal. Students complete an application for this award (average award $1,000).
- EDL Dissertation Scholarships are a service-free award that provides a stipend plus remission of tuition for two semesters and the subsequent summer session. Students must carry the maximum graduate load of 16 hours during their period of appointment. One dissertation scholarship a year is awarded to an EDL student who has completed the prerequisites for the dissertation. The application process occurs each spring.
Travel and research grants
Students can apply for small amounts of travel and professional development funding from the Department and the Graduate School. See: