Career Services offers a comprehensive series of programs to assist students in their journey into the field of education.
What Do Teacher Candidates Need To Do?
- Job-Search Timetable for Teacher Candidates
- A event-based roadmap to properly organize a job-search.
Register on Miami CAREERlink for inclusion in the Student Resume Book and access to school districts' job postings.
- Education Newsletter
- Published online by Career Services containing workshop and employment information.
- Employment Guide for Teacher Candidates
- An informational booklet to assist teacher candidates in their job-search. Printed booklets are located in Hoyt Hall.
- Career Resource Center Education Index
- A list of published resources available in the Career Resource Center located in Hoyt Hall.
- Portfolio Tips
- As you prepare for an interview with a school system, there are several items which you should plan to bring and present to the interviewer. Included among these items is a professionally-prepared teaching portfolio which contains materials that are not usually a part of a resume or your credential file.
- Credential Files
- A credential file contains letters of recommendations and recommendation forms from cooperating teachers, supervising professors and others who know your abilities and is sent to school districts as part of the application process.
Programs for Teacher Candidates
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Mon., October 1 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. at Shriver MPR-BC
Tues., January 29 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. at Shriver MPR-BC
- Making Employer Contacts & Interviewing
- Wed., October 24 from 5:30 – 7 p.m. at Shriver MPR-BC
Mon., February 25 from 5:30 – 7 p.m. at Shriver MPR-BC
- Teacher Job Fair Training
- Mon., March 4 from 6 – 7 p.m. at Shriver MPR-BC
- Teacher Job Fair
- Thurs., March 21 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Millett Hall
Employment Resources for Teacher Candidates
- Internet Resources for Education
- Ohio School Districts
- Planning for Out-of-State Teaching
- The Facts on Starting an Overseas Teaching Career